Sunday, November 7, 2010

Once Upon a Puzzle Time, I Wrote a Review...

"WOW!"
"It's awesome!"
"I don't like it, I LOVE it!"


Those are just a few of the comments my 6 year old son had to say about a special surprise I ordered for him from a great site called Once Upon A Puzzle. Their tagline, "It's more fun when it's personal" is one of most honest statements I've heard. My son loves to do puzzles, a trait he's picked up from me. But I have never seen him more excited about a puzzle as I have with this one.

At Once Upon A Puzzle you get to customize the puzzles you order. You choose a story, or story map, and then make it personal for your child, grandchild, niece, nephew, friend, or any other puzzle lover by including their friends, favorite foods, activities, toys, and more.

I ordered the Pirate Story Map Puzzle in the 11x17 size. I got to add the names of some of his friends, two of his favorite foods, as well as his favorite stuffed animal, myself, and his dad. They make it simple to do and you can even preview of the puzzle before you place the order. Honestly the hardest part of the whole ordering process was trying to decide which friends to mention and what foods to list. Otherwise, it was easy peasy (as the puzzle recipient would say).

We got the puzzle, very nicely packaged and in perfect condition. The box that the puzzle comes in has a picture of the customized puzzle on the lid. Inside, neatly wrapped in tissue paper is a zipper baggy with the puzzle pieces inside. Not only is it easy and convenient to take the pieces out, but is easy to store once you take the puzzle apart. The high quality of the pieces and the finished product is great. The pieces are large enough for small hands, but small enough to make the process of putting it together enough of a challenge. My son and I had a blast putting the puzzle together. Seeing everyone's names and places, such as Corbin Cliff, Oliver Swamp, Dad Treasure, and Port Peanut Butter come together was exciting for him. I've never seen such a smile on his face while putting a puzzle together.
I would more than recommend ordering a puzzle from Once Upon A Puzzle for your friends and family. Fun for all ages, and personal to boot, these make great gifts for the holidays and birthdays, or as a "just because" treat for someone special. Run, don't walk, over to Once Upon A Puzzle! Also, be sure to "Like" them on Facebook for great updates and information!


Thank you for reading from Rdwnggrl's World!

No comments: