Monday, December 28, 2009

Summit on the Summit - The Countdown Begins

January 7, 2010.

Why is this date important? Because this is the day that Kenna, Santigold, Lupe Fiasco, Jessica Biel, and others will begin their climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro. They are climbing for Summit on the Summit - Fighting the Global Clean Water Crisis.
This is my 2nd blog on this. My first can be found here: SOTS Blog - that blog post will explain a little about how I heard about this organization and cause. With the climb just over a week away, I wanted to do another to encourage you all to get out there and sponsor a foot of this climb and help make a difference when it comes to this crisis and the need for clean water. Even as little as $2.00 - yes you are reading that right, I said TWO DOLLARS - will make a difference. Even though times are hard all over, I think we can all dig $2.00 out of our pockets, out from under the couch cushions, out of the ashtray in the car, or we might even have it in our bank. Find that $2, or more if you have it and go to the SOTS website to learn more and to donate. It's so simple - just choose an available foot to sponsor, then enter your info! It's a cinch!
You can also follow them on Twitter and Facebook!


Check out the banner below for more information:
Banner 1

I thank you all in advance for reading, for learning, and for helping fight waterborne diseases in this global clean water crisis. I don't personally know any of the participants in Summit on the Summit, other than a few brief meetings with the main man Kenna, so I can't truly speak on their behalf, but I'm sure they are grateful for all the support they get for this - climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro isn't going to be easy. I wish them all the best in this adventure they are undertaking, and I thank Kenna and the rest of the team for bringing this to the masses. Thank you.

No comments: